ISDP’s Internship Program: Asia Program – Spring 2022
Every semester ISDP runs an internship program that is open to university students and recent graduates. The internship will last between 4-6 months at the main office in Stockholm and the desired start date is from January or February. Please note that ISDP’s internships are full-time (40 hours per week) and unpaid.
The Institute is currently looking for an intern to work within our Asia Program during the spring of 2022. This position entails working closely with ISDP’s Executive Director and supporting him more broadly with program coordination and activities.
The Asia Program is one of ISDP’s two permanent programs. It conducts research designed to guide and inform policymakers about various conflicts and development challenges in the Asian region focusing at present on Northeast Asia. As such, the Program is policy-oriented and focused on practical research. The main objectives are to be a bridge between academia and practitioners and to provide strategic insights and policy recommendations to decision-makers in governments, international institutions, and the private sector through five main channels: Impartial research; publications and newsletters; workshops and conferences; teaching and training; and formal and informal discussions.
- Assist senior staff members in program activities
- Conduct research for senior staff members
- Newsgathering and reporting
- Assist in the day-to-day work at ISDP
- Participate in collaborative research- and writing efforts
- Undergraduate degree in, or pursuing a degree in, social sciences, economics, area studies or law
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Political or cultural research interests in Asia
- Knowledge of one or more Asian languages is a plus
Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter, and a sample of their writing (all documents should be in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 CET on November 5, 2021. In your application, please specify which internship role you are interested in (China Center, Japan Center, Korea Center, Indo-Pacific Center or the Asia Program). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions about the internship program, please contact Emilia Hallström at email@example.com.