Indonesian Presidency in G20 – Recording of the webinar available online
December 7, 2022: The full recording of the webinar “Indonesian Presidency in G20” is now available on ISDP’s YouTube channel.
Indonesia as the host of the G20 Presidency in 2022 carried the spirit of recover together as the world is currently under pressure of multidimensional crisis due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, there is a need for joint and inclusive efforts in finding a way out or solutions for recovery. Indonesia has committed to encourage the G20 to produce concrete deliverables in the priority sectors. Several concrete deliverables that have been pointed out from the result of Leaders’ Declaration 2022 are such as followed:
- War brings negative effects on the global economy, and economic cannot be accomplished without peace, therefore war must be stopped,
- Creating the Pandemic Fund that has accumulated 1.5 billion USD,
- Creating and implementing the Resilience and Sustainability Trust under the IMF to the tune of 81.6 billion USD to aid the countries that are facing crisis
- Energy Transition Mechanism particularly for Indonesia, receiving commitment form Just Energy Transition Partnership (JETP) in the amount of 20 billion USD
- A shared commitment of the protection of at least 30% of the world’s land area and 30% of the world’s oceans by 2030
- Commitment to reduce soil degradation up to 50% in 2040 voluntarily
The speaker was H.E. Mr. Kamapradipta Isnomo, Ambassador of Indonesia to the Kingdom of Sweden, concurrently Ambassador of Indonesia to the Republic of Latvia and Niklas Swanström moderated the webinar.