Anna Wieslander as one of the signatories of an open letter to the U.S. Congress urging for more support to Ukraine
January 2, 2024: Anna Wieslander, Chair of the ISDP Board, is one of the signatories of an open letter from a range of prominent members of the Alphen Group to the U.S. Congress urging for more support to Ukraine.
- The United States needs to accelerate the delivery of fighter aircraft and long-range artillery that Ukraine must have to succeed and end the conflict.
- If implemented beginning in early 2024, Ukraine can be equipped with the capabilities it needs to succeed by year’s end.
- A Ukrainian success in 2024 would have far-reaching effects, not only in Europe but globally.
- A defeated Russian military cannot pose a direct threat to its neighbors for years to come.
- Aggressive and authoritarian regimes like China, North Korea and Iran would be chastened, not encouraged.
- The stability of the international system and the rule of law would be strengthened.
- Global food security and supply chain disruptions would be eased.