Internship Opportunities at ISDP – Fall 2023
Are you looking for work experience in the field of international security and development? Do you have a particular interest in Asia? You could be our next intern:
Every semester, ISDP runs an internship program that is open to university students and recent graduates. The internship lasts between 4-6 months at the main office in Stockholm, and the desired start date for the fall semester is in the end of August/ September. Please note that ISDP’s internships are full-time (40 hours per week) and unpaid.
The Institute is currently looking for interns for the fall semester 2023. Specifically, we are looking for interns for our Japan Center and Center for South Asian and Indo-Pacific Affairs, supervised by the respective Head of Center. We are also looking for interns to work with the Asia Program more broadly, supervised by ISDP’s Executive Director and one intern to assist ISDP’s Korea team.
- Assist senior staff members in program activities
- Conduct research for senior staff members
- Newsgathering and reporting
- Assist in the day-to-day work at ISDP
- Participate in collaborative research- and writing efforts
- Undergraduate degree in, or pursuing a degree in international relations, Asian studies, social sciences, economics or other disciplines relevant for the position
- Fluency in spoken and written English (for the Japan Center Swedish fluency is a plus)
- Strong research and drafting skills
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Political or cultural research interests in Asia
- Knowledge of one or more Asian languages is plus
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter, as well as a sample of their writing (the sample could be an essay that you wrote during your studies; all documents should be in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In your application, please specify which internship role you are interested in (Japan Center, South Asian and Indo-Pacific Affairs, Asia Program, Korea team).
If you have any questions about the internship program, please contact Anna Jarmuth at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application no later than April 9, 2023.