Editor/Publications Manager to Stockholm, Sweden
The Institute for Security and Development Policy is a Stockholm-based independent and non-profit research and policy institute. The Institute is dedicated to expanding understanding of international affairs, particularly the interrelationship between conflict, security and development. The Institute’s primary areas of geographic focus are Asia and Europe’s neighbourhood. ISDP has two constituent parts: The Silk Road Studies Program and the Asia Program.
We seek an experienced Editor in a full-time capacity to work closely with researchers and staff to manage and produce the Institute’s reports, policy briefs, papers and newsletters. The Editor should be able to independently manage the publications process from development through to publication. A proven track record in content and copy editing is needed.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong capacity to develop both the quality and circulation of the Institute´s publications and research work. Qualifications required for the position:
- 3-5 years hands-on editing experience in a think tank, as a journalist, in policy, or similar environment.
- A native-English speaker with excellent proven English copy editing, structural editing, writing and redrafting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Photoshop).
- Working knowledge of design and layout programs such as Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, external researchers and others in a professional manner.
- Experience working with authors who are non-native English speakers.
- Master’s degree in English, public policy, social science, journalism, or related discipline is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Editor/Publications Manager will report to the Director of the Institute, assuming responsibility for the content and copy editing and fact-checking of research publications. After final revisions are cleared, the Editor/Publications Manager will monitor the production process and undertake the layout.
For more information, see www.isdp.eu